Alpine Immune Sciences Announces Inducement Grant to Andrew S. Sandler, M.D. Under Nasdaq Listing Rule 5635(c)

August 18, 2022

SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug. 18, 2022-- Alpine Immune Sciences, Inc. (NASDAQ:ALPN), a leading clinical-stage immunotherapy company focused on developing innovative treatments for cancer and autoimmune/inflammatory diseases, announced that, in connection with the previously announced appointment of Andrew S. Sandler, M.D. as Chief Medical Officer, it has granted Dr. Sandler an option to purchase 160,000 shares of common stock. The option will vest with respect to 25% of the shares underlying the option on the one-year anniversary of Dr. Sandler’s employment start date, and the remaining 75% of the shares underlying the option will vest in equal monthly installments over the 36-month period following the one-year anniversary of Dr. Sandler’s employment start date, subject to his continued service to Alpine through each relevant vesting date. Dr. Sandler commenced service on August 17, 2022.

In addition, pursuant to the terms of Alpine’s change of control and severance policy, if there is a change of control and, upon or during the 12 months after the change of control, Dr. Sandler’s employment is terminated either (i) by Alpine without cause or (ii) by Dr. Sandler for good reason, the option will become fully vested and exercisable. The option has a ten-year term and an exercise price of $8.38, equal to the per share closing price of Alpine’s common stock as reported by Nasdaq on August 17, 2022.

The stock options were granted outside Alpine’s 2018 Equity Incentive Plan as an inducement material to Dr. Sandler entering into employment with Alpine in accordance with Nasdaq Listing Rule 5635(c)(4). The terms and conditions of the option are generally consistent with those in Alpine’s 2018 Equity Incentive Plan.

About Alpine Immune Sciences, Inc.

Alpine Immune Sciences, Inc. is committed to leading a new wave of immune therapeutics. With world-class research and development capabilities, a highly productive scientific platform, and a proven management team, Alpine is seeking to create first- or best-in-class multifunctional immunotherapies via unique protein engineering technologies to improve patients’ lives. Alpine has entered into strategic collaborations with leading global biopharmaceutical companies and has a diverse pipeline of clinical and preclinical candidates in development. For more information, visit www.alpineimmunesciences.com. Follow @AlpineImmuneSci on Twitter and LinkedIn.

Forward-Looking Statements

This release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements are not based on historical fact and include statements regarding Alpine’s platform technology and potential therapies. Forward-looking statements generally include statements that are predictive in nature and depend upon or refer to future events or conditions and include words such as “may,” “will,” “should,” “would,” “expect,” “plan,” “intend,” and other similar expressions, among others. These forward-looking statements are based on current assumptions that involve risks, uncertainties, and other factors that may cause actual results, events, or developments to be materially different from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. These risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond our control, include, but are not limited to: clinical trials may not demonstrate safety and efficacy of any of our product candidates; our ongoing discovery and preclinical efforts may not yield additional product candidates; our discovery-stage and preclinical programs may not advance into the clinic or result in approved products; any of our product candidates may fail in development, may not receive required regulatory approvals, or may be delayed to a point where they are not commercially viable; we may not achieve additional milestones in our proprietary or partnered programs; the impact of competition; adverse conditions in the general domestic and global economic markets; the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on our business, research and clinical development plans and timelines and results of operations, including the impact on our clinical trial sites, collaborators, and contractors who act for or on our behalf, may be more severe and prolonged than currently anticipated; as well as the other risks identified in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date hereof and we undertake no obligation to update forward-looking statements, and readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on such forward-looking statements.

Investor and Media Relations
Kelli Perkins
Red House
[email protected]

Source: Alpine Immune Sciences, Inc.